Is it possible to read a map without a legend? Perhaps you could, but it would take a lot of guesswork! Similarly, a set of financial statements without the accompanying footnotes is only minimally useful, if not downright confusing, to readers.
A not-for-profit(NFP)'s note disclosures provide a treasure trove of explanations, interpretations and mission-critical information to help users make informed decisions. Without the notes, it is not possible to fully understand the causes and effects of significant transactions. Also, beyond the minimum GAAP requirements, an NFP's managers enjoy some degree of latitude to present information in a way they consider meaningful and relevant for the organization's constituencies, including donors.
This CPE course offers you detail-rich examples and case studies that will help you prepare note disclosures unique to NFPs and to get the most out of your reporting process.
- GAAP requirements unique to NFPs
- Split-interest agreements
- Fair value
- Contributions receivable and donor-imposed restrictions
- Gifts-in-kind, investments, and endowments
- Net asset composition
- Related parties
- Best practices and presentation options
Language : English
CPA Credit Hour : 2 hours
Member Fee: $ 541 | Non Member Fee: $ 699
More info: https://bit.ly/2ImmgiN
* All prices are subject to change without prior notice due to currency fluctuation