Purpose of this Notice
1. About Us
Welcome to moebiusasia.com (“MoebiusAsia”). MoebiusAsia is provided to you by Insight Media Group Limited (“Insight Media”, “us”, “we”, or “our”). Our registered office on 17/F, Shun Kwong Commercial Building, 8 Des Voeux Road West, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
2. Use of MoebiusAsia
We may offer a subscription service in the future for access to new premium features. If you are a fee paying subscriber, any changes will become effective from the date of your next payment following the change unless we notify you otherwise. If you are not a non-fee paying subscriber, any changes will become effective as soon as we notify you of them or otherwise make them available on MoebiusAsia.
3. Membership & Registration
To become a member you must be aged 18 years old or over.
When registering as a member of MoebiusAsia you will be asked to provide an email address and password.
Your access to MoebiusAsia is permitted on the basis that:
- you are aged 18 years old or over;
- only you use your email address and password; and
- you provide correct, current and complete information about yourself when registering.
If you chose a password, you should choose a password that cannot be guessed easily. We recommend that you change your password from time to time and that you log out of your account after using a shared computer or before giving a device to another person.
You must keep your email address and password and any other piece of information given as part of our security procedures confidential at all times.
You may terminate your membership with us at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. On termination, your access to MoebiusAsia will cease with immediate effect.
4. Access to MoebiusAsia
Our right to restrict your access or use of MoebiusAsia may include (but shall not be limited to) limiting the number of your connections and your ability to contact other members and post within the forums.
You may only access MoebiusAsia for individual, personal and non-commercial use.
You must not:
- interfere with, or disrupt, MoebiusAsia or any servers or networks connected to the MoebiusAsia, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, malware, spyware or any other code of a destructive, malicious or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any page of MoebiusAsia is rendered or displayed in a user’s browser or device;
- access MoebiusAsia or Content via a means not authorised in writing in advance by Insight Media, including but not limited to, automated devices, scripts, bots, spiders, crawlers or scrapers (except for standard search engine technologies);
- use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract content or data from MoebiusAsia except in cases where you or any applicable third party has entered into a written agreement with us that expressly permits such activity;
- use MoebiusAsia for any illegal or unauthorised purpose; or
- change, modify, adapt or alter MoebiusAsia or change, modify or alter another website so as to inaccurately imply an association with MoebiusAsia or with Insight Media.
Further, we may acting in our sole discretion refuse or withdraw your access to MoebiusAsia and/or your account at any time and for any reason and we will not be liable for any resulting loss or damage to the fullest extent permissible in law.
5. Availability of MoebiusAsia
Access to MoebiusAsia is permitted on a temporary basis. We update MoebiusAsia regularly and we may change the Content at any time. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend MoebiusAsia without notice. We will not be liable to you for any reason if MoebiusAsia is unavailable at any time for any period – unless you are a paying subscriber in which case we may reimburse you accordingly.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access our MoebiusAsia.
Please note that use of MoebiusAsia is subject to your computer and/or device complying with our minimum standard technical specifications and compatibility requirements. You are advised to check this specification to ensure that your computer and/or portable device is compatible with MoebiusAsia and we shall not be liable for any failure arising in MoebiusAsia which arises from incompatibility (including, without limitation, minimum storage and memory requirements from time to time).
You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that MoebiusAsia or Content will:
- be compatible with all or any hardware or software which you may use;
- be available all the time or at any specific time;
- be accurate and up to date; or
- be error-free or free of viruses, electronic bugs, Trojan horses or other harmful components and you must take your own precautions accordingly. Users of MoebiusAsia are responsible for installing their own up-to-date anti-virus or virus-checking software.
You also acknowledge that:
- we may be required to remove certain content from MoebiusAsia from time to time;
- we cannot guarantee the speed or security of MoebiusAsia; and
- we will not be responsible for any damage or loss you may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of any virus attack that can be traced to MoebiusAsia to the fullest extent permissible by law.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will also have no liability to you for any failure to maintain MoebiusAsia.
6. Reliance on MoebiusAsia and Content
We will endeavour to operate MoebiusAsia and publish Content using reasonable skill and care and will use reasonable efforts to promptly remedy any fault of which we are aware. This is the full extent of the promises or warranties we give you regarding MoebiusAsia and Content.
MoebiusAsia and all Content are provided on an 'as is' basis, and we do not make any promises or warranties regarding their quality, accuracy, security, timeliness or currency, fitness for purpose, availability, or functionality. In particular we give no warranties, representations or undertakings in respect of any download that are made available on MoebiusAsia by any corporate body. Further the views and advice contained in those downloads are those of the relevant corporate body and not Insight Media .Accordingly we do not take any responsibility for any views or advice contained in those downloads.
Content made available on MoebiusAsia is for general information purposes only and is not intended to meet your particular requirements. Commentary and other materials posted on MoebiusAsia (including by other professionals who may use MoebiusAsia) are not intended to amount to advice, recommendation or endorsement on which reliance should be placed.
We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed by any visitor to or user of MoebiusAsia or anyone who may be informed of any of Content, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
User Generated Content
MoebiusAsia enables users to upload their own content on to MoebiusAsia or take part in one to one conversations and discussions (“User Generated Content” or “UGC”).
If you believe that any UGC published on MoebiusAsia is untrue, offensive, unlawful, misleading or otherwise fails to comply with these terms, you can notify us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving any complaints about UGC, we will review the UGC in question and may then decide to remove or edit it.
7. Intellectual Property
MoebiusAsia and Content are protected by certain rights. These rights include all patents, rights to inventions, copyright, database rights, performer’s property rights, moral rights, trademarks and service marks, business names and domain names, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs and all other intellectual property and proprietary rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered (“Rights”).
These Rights either belong directly to Insight Media or are licensed to us from their respective owners or licensors.
You may only view, download and store on any compatible device, print out, use, quote from and cite MoebiusAsia and the Content for your own personal, non-commercial use and on the condition that you give appropriate acknowledgment to us where appropriate. Any acknowledgement should include a link to MoebiusAsia (moebiusasia.com).
Restrictions on Use
We expressly reserve all Rights in and to MoebiusAsia and Content and you may not use MoebiusAsia or any Content for any purpose other than those set out above.
In particular, you may not under any circumstances:
- use any Content in any manner that may infringe any of our Rights or the Rights of a third party;
- use, reproduce, modify, edit, mix or remix, apply any voiceover or commentary, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame, communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit MoebiusAsia and/or the Content in any way for your commercial gain. 'Commercial gain' may include any activity attracting any advertising revenue or subscription payments on distribution of or access to our content, or by reducing the need for any third party to subscribe to view our Content directly;
- use MoebiusAsia or Content in any way that is in contravention of any applicable law or regulation or in any manner that will violate the privacy, publicity or personal rights of others or in any defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful material including without limitation using MoebiusAsia or any Content in connection or association with any obscene, defamatory, illegal, pornographic material or in relation to products and services that relate to firearms, gambling, pharmaceuticals, pornography or tobacco or otherwise than in accordance with normal standards of decency;
- copy, publish, republish or redistribute, communicate or disseminate to third parties full text articles and other Content or any information obtained or derived therefrom in any way;
- archive or store any Content for access by anyone other than yourself;
- create summaries, abstracts or other derivative works from Content, except as permitted in the 'Permitted use' section above;
- photocopy or scan copies of articles or other Content;
- create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically and/or regularly downloading, caching, printing and storing all or any Content (by spidering or otherwise);
- frame, harvest or scrape content or otherwise access Content for similar purposes; or
- use or attempt to use Content outside the parameters set out here.
User Generated Content
Notwithstanding the above, you will retain ownership of any UGC you post on MoebiusAsia, but in posting it, you are granting to us a right to publish, reuse, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit that UGC in whole or in part as we see fit on our sites or elsewhere (online or offline) and at any time, without any requirement to pay you or attribute the UGC to you, and without any obligation to seek further consent or permission. The license you grant us is perpetual and irrevocable, and you waive any moral rights you may have in relation to the UGC.
You take full responsibility for any of your UGC that you or we publish, and agree to be responsible for any claim made against us by any third party in relation to your UGC.
8. Community Rules
If you wish to become a member of MoebiusAsia, you must comply with the rules set out in this section.
You agree that you will:
- ensure that any information you post complies with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, and regulatory requirements;
- provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- use your real name on your profile; and
- use the services in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
- act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- add information that is not intended for, or inaccurate for, a designated field
- use an image that is not your likeness for your profile;
- misrepresent your current or previous positions and qualifications;
- misrepresent your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym;
- create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
- use or attempt to use another's account;
- harass, abuse or harm another person;
- send spam or other unwelcomed communications to others;
- scrape or copy profiles and information of others through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- act in an unlawful, libellous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable manner;
- share or disclose information that you do not have the right to share or disclose (such as information of others (including your employer)); or
- collect or store other users’ personal data.
Where posting UGC, you agree that:
- any UGC you post is your own original content and does not (and our publication and use of it not) infringe or interfere with the Rights of any third party;
- you will not add or link to any content that is offensive, obscene, indecent, malicious, abusive, defamatory or otherwise unlawful;
- will not post, link to or otherwise publish any UGC containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any form of unsolicited communication;
- will not impersonate any person or organisation or represent yourself as any other forum guest, host or other third party; or
- you will not post or transmit any UGC that contains software viruses, files or code designed to , destroy or limit the functionality of our sites or any computer software or equipment.
9. Your liability to us
You hereby agree to compensate us from and against any loss, cost, damage, expense or liability we may suffer as a result of:
- your unauthorised use of Content and/or MoebiusAsia.
10. Linking to MoebiusAsia
You may link to MoebiusAsia, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. In particular, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
MoebiusAsia must not be framed on any other site, nor should you establish a link to any part of MoebiusAsia other than the login page.
If you wish to make any use Content other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
11. Links from MoebiusAsia
MoebiusAsia and/or the Content may contain links to third party websites and services. If you decide to visit any third party site or use a third party service, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites or services. Links do not imply that we are, or MoebiusAsia is, affiliated to or associated with such sites or services.
Your browsing and interaction on any other website or your use of other services, including websites and services which have a link to MoebiusAsia, is subject to that operator’s own rules and policies. Please read those rules and policies before proceeding.
12. Data Protection
13. Governing Law
14. Contact Us
If you have an enquiry or complaint about MoebiusAsia, including any Content, you should contact our Account Servicing team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to answer your enquiry or resolve any complaint as soon as possible.
If you have any suggestions for improvements or additions that you would like to see on MoebiusAsia, please email us at email@example.com. Our postal address for correspondence is 7/F, Kam Sang Bulding, 257 Des Voeus Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
Last Update: May 2018